Individuals can self-refer or referrals are invited from a wide range of services for people aged 18 and over who have 1 or more of the following underlying issues:
- Mild mental health problems (such as low mood, anxiety, stress and mild depression)
- Social isolation, loneliness, few or poor social networks
- Experiencing difficult circumstances e.g. problems with family, finance, employment
- Struggling to cope/feeling overwhelmed
- Support in relation to healthy living and developing a healthier lifestyle through understand and adapting behaviour
Over a number of sessions one of the service’s Wellbeing Workers will support the individual and encourage them to set realistic, achievable goals and take steps needed to stay well and maintain their independence for a better quality of life.
Referrals can be made by telephone to 03450 138208 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 6pm), on-line or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The service is delivered across the County by a consortium of Age Concern Central Lancashire, n-compass and Richmond Fellowship through a team of regionally based Wellbeing Workers and has been commissioned by Lancashire County Council on a 3 year contract from September 2015.